Question

Auto-withdraw after non-attendance

• 5 April 2022
  • 5 replies

I’m brainstorming for the most efficient way for “no-shows” to be removed from a session that they registered for but did not attend. Right now, users have to go back to the session they registered for but did not attend and withdraw from that session before being able to register for another session. 

Any guidance is appreciated!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

So first just to point out, they should be able to “swap” but it’s very annoying and confusing for sure.

I did this for our national virtual classes, basically each morning a report would run of attendance after it was marked. I had a power automate process that took that report, filtered it for only those that did not attend, unenrolled then from the session, and then emailed them with a “sorry you missed an awesome class yesterday” message and provided the direct link to go sign up for a new session. 
I had been working on a way to identify those who were no shows often and have the notices begin to add their managers in that case. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@Bfarkas How do you have a record of no shows, since we have to unenroll them from a session in order to allow them access to enroll in a different/future session?  I want to be able to see when people are serial no-shows, but with no way to mark someone as such it is difficult.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Bfarkas How do you have a record of no shows, since we have to unenroll them from a session in order to allow them access to enroll in a different/future session?  I want to be able to see when people are serial no-shows, but with no way to mark someone as such it is difficult.

Definitely an issue of the current platform configuration, hopefully the incoming updates to allow retakes provides an avenue to solve this. Essentially, those morning reports I mentioned above become the record from the morning the next day and are stored elsewhere for reference. This was also how was going to start looking for serial no-showers, basically a weekly merge and scan of those reports to look for repetitive users that would get flagged to a list, then moving forward when the notices went out that list is checked and the email info and who it is sent to changes based on who is on the list or not. 

The other piece for record of no-shows to keep in mind is these were all in classes using conferencing software, all of which have their own logs of the session as well which work as a backup in case someone comes and complains later. The reality is until Docebo fixes the giant gap of non-repetitive course taking and retention of each attempt, this is always an issue regardless of if you are trying to do a workaround or not.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@Bfarkas  Ah, ok, so a very manual process that you’re having to house offline.  I’m with you, I hope that Docebo makes some updates to allow us to change someone’s status to “no show” on a session, then being allowed a retake.  Do you know if there’s an idea for this already?  If not, one of us should create one.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

So while housed elsewhere, it is not manual, all happens on its own in a series of nightly processes.

Allowing retaking of courses is on the roadmap and actively being worked on, not sure of its current timeline, or its feature scope though.