Best Answer

Automatic Group For Anyone Who Manages A Team?

• 11 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey folks!

I’m looking to create an automatic group for anyone who manages a team. My first thought would be to create a condition set based on employee title containing “manager”. 

However, we have titles in our organization that contain “manager” who in fact, don’t manage a team. So it can be difficult to narrow down just people with a team using the above condition set.

Any tips or suggestions would be awesome. 

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 11 August 2022, 17:23

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

There is no built in option to identify managers (sadly) so you would need to create an additional field to capture this info and use that to create your group. Only thing is you also need to think how you will manage that field and this will depend on how you manage your users (manually, CSV import, automatically via connection to HR system, etc.) in order to keep the group updated.

You can export a list from user management to see who is a manger using the field: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Yeah this is a frustratingly missing thing for an area so built out. Handle it via API right now when a user gains direct managers added to them, but definitely not in the box.

Userlevel 1

Thank you @lrnlab! This workaround will do for the time being. We manually upload our users each week, so we can certainly tack this on to that process.

I agree with @Bfarkas it would be great if we could setup a condition set for has manager permissions