Best Answer

Automatically marking Transactions Paid?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Seeing if anyone has been able to achieve this?

We are using the wire transfer feature of the platform, but some of our transactions are going to be free because they either are:

1. Employees using a coupon to receive our training for free
  2. Users selecting free courses from a learning plan that contains both free and paid elements

In our workflow, someone still needs to go in an mark the transaction as paid even if the cost of for free.  Has anyone been able to automate marking the transactions with no cost as paid so that our users do not have to wait for an admin to mark it as paid?

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 5 April 2023, 21:46

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

sadly no, we do many of the same types of transactions and have to have an admin constantly watch the Wire Transfer transactions to mark them as PAID so they get pushed to our accounting system…

That said, we do use admin approvals fro some courses and have noticed that ether the super or the PU (with proper permissions) can approve the course. Whomever does it first grants access for the user...not sure if this would help you out here, We consider it a flaw in the workflow but it may work you...

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

sadly no, we do many of the same types of transactions and have to have an admin constantly watch the Wire Transfer transactions to mark them as PAID so they get pushed to our accounting system…

That said, we do use admin approvals fro some courses and have noticed that ether the super or the PU (with proper permissions) can approve the course. Whomever does it first grants access for the user...not sure if this would help you out here, We consider it a flaw in the workflow but it may work you...

Thank you for responding! I know you are using the wire transfer so I was secretly hoping you would weigh in.  Agreed it seems like a flaw that something for free isn’t marked as paid.  Even though there is no associated costs, users are stuck having to wait for an admin to go in and mark it as paid. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Annarose.Peterson sorry I couldn't give you better news...I imagine you could do something using APIs but that would require coding, etc.