Best Answer

Badges for completing a learning plan if more courses are added to it

• 22 September 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi everyone! I’ve just started implementing badges for our organisation. I would like to know if a badge that has already been given to a learner that completed a learner plan would be removed from this learner if you add further courses to the existing learning plan.

icon

Best answer by LNew 22 September 2022, 14:33

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @hari.vijayakumar -

I’ll caveat this by saying that I’m no badge/gamification expert, but I’ve been doing a lot of testing for my organization’s implementation of badges. As far as I can tell, there isn’t any inherent auto-removal of a badge once it’s been awarded. What I’ve seen in my testing is that once you establish the criteria/event trigger for a badge, it stays locked in the system, almost as though with a time stamp, until you manually change that event trigger. So in your scenario, the learner will retain that LP badge because they met the criteria for award prior to any changes you made to the LP. 

I believe that if you wanted the badge award criteria to meet the updated LP (with additional courses), you would need to either edit the badge’s Automatic Assignment settings or create a new badge. You would have to unassign the learner’s existing badge from the Badge details screen → Assigned Users tab, if you wanted that learner to have that badge only if they completed the updated set of courses in the LP.

I hope this helps.