Batch Course Additional field update - API call

• 6 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I believe we don't have any supporting API to update the bulk additional fields. We have only “PUT/courses” API, that too works for only one course. Does not make sense.

Is anyone have best approach to update the course additional fields as a batch upload?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Unfortunately, I think your assessment is right and is not currently possible. Maybe a solid idea posting. Following hoping that I am wrong.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Unfortunately, I think your assessment is right and is not currently possible. Maybe a solid idea posting. Following hoping that I am wrong.

Thanks for your inputs, @Bfarkas 

I'm still researching how we can automate some of the LMS operational activities to make more convenient for our admins (i.e., Course enrollment, unenrollment, bulk session/Event creation and so on).

I don't want CSV. file or enrollment rules options…

Looking a way where our learners can load their file in specific place and the file should process in LMS without any manual interactions. (ex: load file in FTP folder> automate should pick file at specific interval> data should process in LMS).

@Bfarkas Do you have any best practice?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I mean, theres a lot and little all over the place there.

The first thing that came to mind is have you checked out the automation app, it can’t do everything, but it wil help with some:

https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020082980-Managing-the-Automation-App

Next, is there a reason you don’t want enrollment rules? They really are your friend for managing enrollments.

If you want to handle sessions and events, the API is really the way to go, there are endpoints for adding a new session and new events to the session, and they respond with the new IDs to feed into each other.

@Bfarkas  @Baskaran venugopal  I have a similar use case where i am trying to fetch additional field for the specific course and update it. I tried GET /courses/{courseId} but it’s not returning the additional field for specific course but when i tried to fetch all courses GET /courses, I am getting additional field for the same course id. 

Also, On api-browser they have mentioned API to update the courses (i.e. PUT courses/batch) but they don’t have additional field in the request body. Can you help me here on this with expected body and endpoint to update additional field? 

I found it under learn services. Was searching under course services. never mind. thanks!