Question

Batch method for unenrolling users from incomplete Learning Plans

• 3 January 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Happy New Year everyone! Wishing you all the best for 2023...

Has anyone figured out how to unenroll users from a Learning Plan they have not completed?

I know how to unenroll a single user from the Learning Plan, so I’m looking for a method I can use on 50+ users. Like a .csv file

I can use a Learning Plan report to find the users who are In Progress or Enrolled, but am then forced to handle each user individually. YUCK! :-)

Regards,

KMallette/Viasat, Inc.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

dont think that option exists...you might try using the APIs to do that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@lrnlab That’s what I was thinking, too.  I’ll take a look at APIs.

Thanks,

KMallette/Viasat, Inc.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

found this one but you’d need to write a script to run it on a loop since it only unenrols 1 at a time from the description.

https://doceboapi.docebosaas.com/api-browser/#!/learn/Lp/Lp_learn_v1_lp_learningplan_id_enroll_user_id 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I’ve got a writeup (not yet published) on how to do this directly in the API Browser if you are interested. send me a good email address in private message and I’ll send the draft over.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi all, thanks to @Bfarkas for his offer. Also there’s a post collecting votes to make this a standard function of the system (as it was with our last LMS) that you can vote for, if you have not already.

not sure if this helps? 

API endpoint DELETE /learn/v1/lp/{learningplan_id}/enroll/{user_id} + include the parameter  cascade_unenroll_from_courses_in_selected_learning_plan. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi all, thanks to @Bfarkas for his offer. Also there’s a post collecting votes to make this a standard function of the system (as it was with our last LMS) that you can vote for, if you have not already.

not sure if this helps? 

API endpoint DELETE /learn/v1/lp/{learningplan_id}/enroll/{user_id} + include the parameter  cascade_unenroll_from_courses_in_selected_learning_plan. 

Sent over to ya Stephen!