Skip to main content
Question

Best Practice when Adding New Content to a Learning Plan?

• 16 July 2024
  • 4 replies

As s a new LMS administrator at a SaaS company, I'm seeking advice from experienced admins. We recently updated a Learning Plan with new courses covering software features and content gaps. Consequently, previously completed learners are now shown as "In Progress."

What's the best practice in this situation? Should we grant credit for the new content to those who completed the original plan?

Your insights would be greatly appreciated.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

depends on the important you place on those users completing the new content. Since you cannot apply an equivalency to only certain users; you can only do this between courses, you might need to mark those users as completed on that course manually. If there is another course that was replaced, you could then use the equivalency option as the original course would not be available to users getting the updated LP.

What is the equivalency option? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

you can create an equivalency between courses so if a user completed course A and course A is an equivalency to course B, when they are assigned course B, they would be marked as completed automatically.

https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020127479-Configuring-course-equivalencies

Only thing that’s not great is that there is no special status for the course that was not completed...both will show as Complete so your reporting may be a little difficult; only the “time spent in the course” is your indicator of which one they actually completed...just something to watch for...

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I get these questions all the time and people stating, I was at 100% and now I’m not, I let them know that we are constantly adding new materials to our learning journeys (our reference to plans).  Sometimes users are not happy but then I don’t get much negative feedback once I explain.