Best Answer

Best Practice when offering paid & non-paid sessions

• 2 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

We offer a instructor led courses on premises and at a customer locations. When we offer a course at our facility, we do not charge for the course. When offering it at a customer location, we charge per participant to alleviate travel costs. Invoicing is handled by our company and not through Docebo. The pricing structure could be confusing for users who might sign up for a course offered elsewhere not expecting to pay. I’m curious if others might have handled courses in this way and if you offered it as the same course, or did you create a separate ILT and corresponding session? Or can anyone offer suggestions on how to structure in Docebo? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 2 October 2023, 21:38

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

you will definitely need to create 2 versions of your course as only 1 can have eCommerce turned ON...you could use “100% OFF” coupons if you prefer a single course but all users would need to go through there purchasing process which is probably not ideal. You cannot offer 1 session for free and another on the same course for a cost on the same item. 

Userlevel 1

Hope that a report of our final solution might help some others. Unfortunately, since as I mentioned in the question, billing is not handled through docebo, so a discount will not work. We invoice separately. We decided to label the course carefully indicating above other content that a fee would apply for sessions not held at our facility. We also made a notification that arrived after registration for those courses indicating that a fee would apply. A reminder as the course gets closer also indicates that a fee applies. These served as an “are you sure?” type notification, and caused some to unenroll or ask to be unenrolled. Finally, because our trainees are technicians, they often do not enroll themselves or handle any travel or registration details. The poweruser at their dealership would do that, so I am finding that I have to send a note to the person enrolling them as well.  It is a bit more of a manual process than I like, but it seems to be working to keep our registrations accurate, ensure that all seats are filled, and avoid billing surprises when technicians attend a class.