Best Answer

Best practise organising an eLearning course

• 15 May 2024
  • 7 replies

Badge

Hello, 

I wanted to raise a question about the best practice for organising an eLearning course with different dates. That is to say, we are going to call the same scorm content to 450 participants, but with different dates of access to the content. How do you do it?

icon

Best answer by meganmudd 15 May 2024, 17:52

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @jmanera - You can set an enrollment deadline (using the Start of validity and the End of validity selectors) when enrolling users to the course, the users will be able to access the course only during the selected period. After the deadline, they will still see the course card on the My courses and learning plans page, but they will no longer be able to access it.  See this Knowledge Base article for more details: https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/9167072863762-Enrolling-users-in-e-learning-courses

Badge

I understand, but when I want to open another validity period for different users, what will happen to the previous users, will they be able to access the course?

Thanks for your answer @meganmudd 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Since you want to set different validity periods for users, be sure to manage this at the Enrollment level, not at the course level. This way you can select (or multi-select) those users that should have the same validity period and then select the others with a different validity period. Hope that helps @jmanera 

Badge

And would the option of creating a new course for each new call for dates be a valid option?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Sure, I believe that would also be another option since it’s easy to duplicate an eLearning course. If you’ll be managing it this way, you’ll want to manage the validity period at the course level (under Properties > Time Options). I’d also look at using some kind of identifier (for reporting purposes) to understand the different courses, whether you’re adding something in the Course Code, a Course Additional Field, or something like that to identify the difference. @jmanera 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Duplicating courses in your system will lead to challenges in tracking and updating the elearning, creating extra work for you in the long run. Could you use groups to add people to different groups and then assign the elearning to them in waves based on the group their in? On the elearning course level you could go to Properties > Time Options  > Days of Validity and select Start calculation from the enrollment date.

So put the 450 users in groups (best if you can use the automation based on some type of identifier, but if not, then manually) and sign the course to them when you want them to start accessing it. If everyone has an equal amount of time to complete it even through they have staggered enrollment times, then this should work. 

Badge

Hello,

Yes, it looks like a good option, I will try it. Thank you. @steveninfinger