Skip to main content
Question

Bulk Group Resource Assignments for Power Users

• 16 July 2024
  • 3 replies

My company is looking to bulk assign group resources to our power users. We have hundreds of groups and each user is a part of one of those groups. If they’re a power user, they have visibility and access over their respective group. To make this possible, each power user need to be assigned their group as a group resource. 

Is there a way to bulk upload and assign the group resources? 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Only way to bulk assign resources is by selecting those PUs that have the resource requirements. Although you can assign the power user level and PU role during a user CSV import process, there is option to do this for resources.

I could use the built in feature and check all the boxes from the power user pager, but the issue I’m facing is that I can’t filter by group or even show the group that the power user is associated with. Do you know of a way to populate that as a column on the power user menu?

Just to clarify, there’s NO option for do a user CSV import process for resources? Are you aware of any automations that can be done retroactively after a user import?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

None that I can see…

and correct, there is no CSV option to align the resources, nor are there any options in the automation tool. Only way I can think of would be to add some kind of marker, symbol or character in the PU name and then use that to filter your groups…

To so this, you would need to do a CSV update on your user profiles first (like G1, G2, etc.), then locate them in the PU app, assign your resources, and then change things back (optional).