Question

Can Admin be notified if a learner RSVP's no?

• 14 September 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi everyone, 

I am looking for a way to notify admin when a learner rsvp’s no to an outlook invite. We love the ability for someone to say they can't attend so that the waitlist can function automatically but need a way to know when someone has unenrolled themselves from a compliance training or a job required certification that is due. 

Has anyone found success in using a notification that already exists to serve this purpose?

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

If they are unenrolling from the course/session from Docebo, you can set up a notification for “user unenrolled from ILT session” and have that go to either Power Users or Instructors.  We have a Power User profile for our workshop administrator and he gets those notifications - we have one set up for when users enroll and one set up for when they unenroll and he keeps an eye on those enrollments.

If they are just responding from an Outlook invite, I don’t know that there is a way to trigger a notification from that directly, without some sort of API/integration to have it unenroll them from the course.  If you have staff that receive those Outlook invite rejection notices, maybe they can be set up as Power Users with access to the courses on Docebo and they could manually unenroll the users when they get the RSVPs from Outlook?

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

I’m assuming this is an Outlook meeting invite (MS Teams) that is being distributed via an ILT course on Docebo. I’m also assuming if learners miss one session, there will be future sessions they can enroll in.

If the ultimate goal is to track who is attending and who is not, I might take a slightly different approach. If this is compliance or required training, I would turn off the ability for them to unenroll from the course entirely. They will sit within the course indefinitely as Enrolled, In Progress, or Completed. You can also use the learner has yet to complete the course notification to remind learners to complete the course.

Then I would use something like daily or weekly scheduled reports to monitor who has completed the training and who has not.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

you can get this information if you use Docebo Connect Outlook integration. It’s an add-on so there is a cost to it but depending on your use case, you may be able to justify the extra $$.

The base Docebo system does not track this type of information.

Badge

Hello everyone,

Thank you for participating in this discussion. I'd like to provide some additional details regarding my question. Currently, we have a paid Outlook integration in place, which allows us to track RSVPs within the system. It's important to note that we cannot disable the option for employees to RSVP "No" because doing so leads to an increase in no-shows, resulting in learners on the waitlist not being able to join the class, ultimately leading to smaller class sizes.

To illustrate this, let me share an example: Recently, an employee enrolled in a Flagging course and RSVP'd "No" to the Outlook invitation. This triggered the activation of someone from the waitlist, which is the desired outcome. However, the employee's admin only became aware of this after the course had already taken place when the employee's flagging certification was not renewed.