Best Answer

Can I get BOTH completion and score out of Rise?

• 20 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi all!  I’ve seen a few threads about this but no definitive answer. Is it even possible to get BOTH the % complete and a quiz score out of a single Rise SCORM package?

I’ve tried (I think) almost every combination for publishing. (SCORM versions/Tracking using completion/track using quiz result).

So, the issue is - I have a training material/SCORM that has a pre-knowledge check and other content in it.

With Track with Quiz Score - if the user finished the quiz (which is first section) then the entire module shows as complete even if they haven’t viewed it all.

With Track by Completion - the completion is being accurately captured, but we can’t see a quiz score.

Can anyone help or confirm if it’s possible to get both out of Rise into Docebo? Open to xAPI solutions - anything that will allow me to keep a quiz + content in a single SCORM/xAPI file.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by dklinger 22 January 2024, 20:52

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Important in this topic is you should also be evaluating if you are leveraging SCORM 1.2 va 2004. More sophisticated scoring will need 2004. But that said? Rise is not phenomenal w mixed completion criteria. Stick to one and potentially even split your assessment from your %complete is my advice to yield a better result. You can always check with tools like SCORM Cloud.

Thanks @dklinger Yeah, tried 1.2 and 2004 versions in Docebo and SCORM Cloud. Same results, so looks like I’ll have to do it as a separate training material to get it to do what I want. I appreciate the reply! Have a good one.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Rise supports the three criteria. %complete, quiz results, and essentially a “completion” button/trigger. @Colleen - just keep in mind that completion button essentially shorts out all other completion criteria as part of the Articulate/SCORM wrapper. It was created as a type of failsafe during the closing days of the EOL of flash with browsers. But it acts as a single command to tell the LMS that the person is done. When you review CMI interaction detail? It looks like gibberish…I believe it is because the SCO attempts to transmit all data with the one interaction. 
Anywho, I have never had luck with getting quiz scoring when I use that completion trigger…and it really doesn’t matter if it is Rise or Storyline. 
Good luck with this.