Best Answer

Can I hide emails from instructors?

• 27 October 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3

Maybe I’m missing something obvious, does anyone know if there is a way to hide learner emails from instructors of an ILT course? Due to PIPL/GDPR as well as business concerns with unauthorized use of emails, it’s a business requirement that our instructors do not get access to learner emails, but they do need the participant names to know who should be showing up, so they should be getting the roster and should get the other instructor-level privileges in the course.

icon

Best answer by Bfarkas 27 October 2022, 19:53

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @sgary are you asking about the sign-in sheet or under course management?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Are you having them do any “instructor” related tasks that require them to be an actual instructor? I wonder if just not having them in as one and setting up reports that are only name and session info?

Userlevel 3

@lrnlab I was primarily thinking of under course management, but anywhere the email is exposed we’d want to hide it ideally.

@Bfarkas - That’s exactly what we’re doing currently. Great minds! They currently primarily just need the attendance sheets. I’m looking at what our options are because we’re in the middle of a Training Management System (TMS) implementation where the TMS pushes the instructor into Docebo as a part of the integration. While we don’t need instructors in Docebo, we do need them in the TMS as that’s how we’ll be managing trainer schedules, trainer costs, contracts, ect.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Ah gotcha. Hmm. So I currently do an external process to Docebo that invites the instructors with outlook calendar invites and i attach a csv of information that is basically the attendance sheet which is in full control. Because this is happening external, I know who is the instructor so could see adding them to the TMS but not in Docebo, but thats just because of how I have it setup.

Userlevel 3

@Bfarkas thanks for your help! unfortunately we can’t disable the instructor sync to Docebo, but we might consider doing ‘psuedo-accounts’ for instructors in Docebo that can’t actually be logged in with just for the integration. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

That would work! Sounds like you need to upvote the instructor a resource ideas :)