Question

Can I move folders from a course into other folders

• 12 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Okay, I really feel like this is not something that I should need to ask about - folder manipulation should really not be difficult - but can I not move an existing folder from a course into a new folder?

I have a course with a lot of folders (I didn’t create it but i had to add more content to it). i wanted to move all the older content into a separate folder but I’ve tried every way I can think of to drag folders, and all I’m getting out of it is nothing. Is there really not a way of doing this? Don’t tell me this requires a feature request.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

I do not think this is possible, I mean simply cutting/pasting or moving in the traditional sense of moving folders and things in the folders. I wish there were.  This would make a great enhancement request though.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Okay it turns out there is a way to do this.

Drag a folder from the right panel (Training Material) by the four-way pointing arrows into the correct folder in the left panel (Folders).

It just took me a lot of trial & error to find this solution, hopefully if you read this thread it’ll save you some of the time that I’ve already spent.