Best Answer

Can we delete a group after using it to enroll users in a course?

• 16 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I have recently created what I hope to be a temporary group to do a bulk enrollment for a specific course. Does anyone know if anything happens to the original enrollments into the course if I delete the associated group after enrolling users?

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 16 November 2022, 16:13

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

hmmm, KB article does not cover that specifically but you may want to try and deactivate the Enrolment rule then remove the group. This shoudl maintain your enrolments...Please test this before taking action as it’s just a hunch. You may also want to reach out to support via Chat...they're pretty quick there for these types of questions.

https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020128579-Activating-and-Managing-the-Enrollment-Rules-App#subtitle-5

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@millipore-stephen I recently tried to use groups to enroll users into a checklist. My assumption was that if you removed the member from the group (aka remove the group from the checklist enrollment), that the enrollment would update as well. It didn’t. The user remains enrolled in the checklist.

When I reported this as a bug, I was informed by a Tier3 engineer that it wasn’t and that the checklist enrollment was behaving as designed. 

Also, un-enrolling some one from a course, LP, etc. takes a specific action. It’s not an haphazard process.

So, I’m taking an educated guess here to say that your enrollments will be fine. But @lrnlab is right.  When in doubt, test.

Regards,

KMallette/Viasat, Inc.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi both, thanks both for your answers, tested on a small scale in our sandbox and it didn’t unenroll them, but just curious to see if others had tried it / knew the answer before I do it with the large scale enrollment in production.

Appreciate the insights!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I have found that generally Docebo is great at adding stuff via automation but not so good to remove things based on rules...e.g. if someone is granted a certification but is subsequently unenrolled from the course that grants that certification, it does go away on the user transcript but somehow stays on the “Awarded to” list; just greyed out...very odd...