Question

Can you enter a time along with the validity date on a course?

• 9 August 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hello, I’ve read some old posts but I need to ask this question.

If I need a course to become unavailable to users at for example 7:PM can this be done? Or does every validity date end at midnight UTC based on your current time zone?

Sorry if this is a repeat question.

Thank you!

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I believe validity is date only so is midnight UTC

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

HI @ncassella I have seen this update in our sandbox a few weeks ago so it should drop in production soon along with the ability to choose the time zone

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

HI @ncassella I have seen this update in our sandbox a few weeks ago so it should drop in production soon along with the ability to choose the time zone

EXCITING!

Userlevel 2
Badge

@lrnlab Hi! I see this thread is 1 year old but I don’t see the option to choose the end time. What am I missing? There is only a calendar option to choose a date. Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@jsalinas that option only allows you tro pick a date and assumes it ends at the end of that day in your (admin) timezone. If you want to add the time, you can do that from the Enrolments tab. Select the users and then click the green “Choose Action” button. Select “edit enrolment” and you can set the time there for all selected users

Userlevel 2
Badge

@lrnlab I see. That’s a bummer that under the Time options in the course you can’t set the validity date to our time zone and have to go into the enrollments and do it. Right now that course time option makes courses expire for me at 4PM my time on the date of expiration, which is not great. Thank you for pointing out where I can change this as a work around.

Cheers~

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

my pleasure...you can update all users at once if needed + with the new filters you can find only those who are enrolled & in progress, etc. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

@lrnlab thats true. Still would be nice if the course was set to our time zone. Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

When using the course option (not by user) it sets the end time to midnight of the admin time zone so depending on where your employees are location, it could end at different times of the day and/or a day after/before (if you're global)