Question

Catalog FIlters

• 7 December 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Is there anyway to add additional filters to the Docebo built in filters? In LinkedIn learning there are many additional fields that allow the user to narrow down the results. Anyone have any ideas? We want to be able to filter by Video, Course Time, and a few other things. 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

HI @cathyp if you add Course Additional Fields and make them visible to users they become filters in your catalogues...think there’s also an option to specifically make them available as filters or nor

Userlevel 2
Badge

Since this is a LinkedIn cataglog, I am limited to what I can do with the catalog. Would the additional fields be relevant to a catalog too? Or just to specific courses?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I couldn’t do anything with the automatically created LinkedIn catalogue so I created my own. That said, the filters should apply across all catalogues regardless. The long part is adding all the data to each course as this cannot be done in bulk at this time. If you try and don’t like it you can always delete the field.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I created an external link page that goes back to the LinkedIn learning page in Docebo in a new window. So it opens the linkenin catalog and then the filters that are available are the ones shown in the picture in my original post. There is no way to add the advanced filters to that page? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

did you create your additional course field(s) and add data to at least one LI course? That’s how you'll see if it works. You cannot create filters in a catalogue; it can only be done at the course level and once it’s in place the filter(s) appear automatically on the catalogues.