Best Answer

Central Repository

• 15 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello,

I pulled a training material from the central repository to a new course i created, I am noticing that when I enroll a user to the new course its making them complete automatically. Any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by KMallette 15 January 2024, 19:27

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Sgrullon12 Yes, this happens if they have completed the same version of the LO under a different course shell.  If you need to track them separately, reupload the LO into the Central Repository under a slightly different name.  I have to do this with courses in an LP where I need to offer the LP a 2nd time as a ‘retraining’ LP.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Any objects loaded in the CLOR follow the user wherever that object is used...if you use it in multiple items, the same user will show as completed of that object in all courses. 

You can do as mentioned above or you can just load the content onto the course without adding it the CLOR.

If you prefer using the CLOR and that behaviour works for you but just need to test it; you can reset your self in the course or use the enrolment Archiving to reset it.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you!

Hi Everyone,

Just to add to the discussion, one of the logical point could be: If the training material is consumed by the user in one of the course, its only redundant to ask him/her to consume the same in the other course.

I can understand Scorm, Html file types behaving in this fashion. However,  If adding a survey from the file types, it does not work that way. It asks the user to complete the survey in every course.