Skip to main content

Hi everyone, 

Have looked everywhere for an answer to this, but have not been successful. 

We use a play button thumbnail for all our eLearning. However, we need to make adjustments to the play button, but as far as I can tell, we can’t replace an existing thumbnail? 

Is the only way to replace it, by deleting the old one, and uploading the new one. Then have to go an replace it on all eLearning content?

It seems there’s no alternative way to replace the training material thumbnail.

found this API that may be of use…

https://doceboapi.docebosaas.com/api-browser/#!/course/Courses/Courses_course_v1_courses_batch_thumbnail_thumbnail_id

@theandredasilva - we have the same issue. LMK if you try out lrnlab’s suggestion and if it works. Thank you!

Yeah, unless you use API, it’s a manual process in Docebo.

I was so happy when they updated that feature for course thumbnails.  Now if only they could do the same for training material and asset thumbnails!!  So much easier being able to replace an existing thumbnail image.

Hi all, 

Thank you for your responses. @lrnlab thank you for the API link. Never worked with API’s myself, so trying to see if I can figure it out 🙂

Hi all, 

Thank you for your responses. @lrnlab thank you for the API link. Never worked with API’s myself, so trying to see if I can figure it out 🙂

We generally get help from an IT expert.