Question

Certificate template (de-issue or re-issue)

• 5 October 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3

In our integration of Docebo we came into an issue where our certificate templates were blank. However we have hundreds of courses tied to (4) different templates. Each having quite a few users issued certificates.

Our rep gave us we had to course by course page by page, de-issue the certificate and then re-issue.

I’ve worked with other LMSs before and this is very time consuming and never heard of.

Has anyone experienced and what is the best way to re-issue to have the templates populate?

Jennifer

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @JenniferJames assuming this is what you are referring to?

agree this can only be done course by course...the only other way I can think of would be to browse the APIs to see if there is one that can handle this workflow...Had a quick look and cannot see anything specific to certificates unfortunately…

Perhaps you can reach out to support for some ideas?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Link to API catalogue: /api-browser/#!/learn/Certification/Certification_learn_v1_certification 

Userlevel 3

Hi @JenniferJames assuming this is what you are referring to?

agree this can only be done course by course...the only other way I can think of would be to browse the APIs to see if there is one that can handle this workflow...Had a quick look and cannot see anything specific to certificates unfortunately…

Perhaps you can reach out to support for some ideas?

Yes that would be it. Its taking forever for us to do this way. We did a new historical load thinking that would solve the issue, nope that didn’t. 

Support according to our implementation rep was the one by one. Which I think needs a major overhaul in this basic feature. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@JenniferJames agree...you should post this on the Ideas Portal (or check if one already exists)

Userlevel 3

@JenniferJames agree...you should post this on the Ideas Portal (or check if one already exists)

Thanks @lrnlab my list of ideas is growing super long with my now 2nd company implementing Docebo to as a contractor. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@JenniferJames LOL, I hear ya...that said, I do appreciate that Docebo actually does something with those albeit not always at the pace we would like but i have to say that of all the LMS’s I’ve implemented and worked on, the support and enhancements on Docebo are one of the best I’ve experienced so far.

Userlevel 3

@lrnlab that is true. Let’s hope when I start adding all our recommended enhancements don’t scare away the dev team lol