Best Answer

Certificate template size and aspect ratio

• 18 August 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Does anyone know why the size (and aspect ratio) of the certificate template in Docebo is 2560 x 1810 pixels? I think this might correspond to the US letter size, but I'm not sure. It would be good if it could be changed to another size like A4, which is more common in Europe and the rest of the world.

icon

Best answer by gstager 18 August 2022, 13:41

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I do not know why that is the size as I found it wasn’t ideal either.

I recently wrote up a little post about some certificate things I learned and that was one of the things I brought up.

Here is the link if you’re interested in the rest.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@gstager Many thanks for this. Do you think it would be possible to change the size of the certificate and have that reflected in the size of the PDF output? I changed the size of the background image, but unfortunately this leaves blank spaces in the PDF output.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I guess I am not sure about what you mean by spaces in the PDF output. I am expecting some space around the edges as I don’t do an edge to edge print.

Here is how I do the printer setup.

It is not our final deliverable but this is a black and white version of a test I threw together as I worked on spacing of text. I look forward to a new and improved certificate making process. The black border in the image below represents the edges of my paper. At this point, I was satisfied with the dimensions of the background image. I leave the space so that it can fit nicely in a frame.

Userlevel 1

Has anybody run into long course names not wrapping?  My course names are going off the page.  How do I wrap the text in the Certificate Template?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Has anybody run into long course names not wrapping?  My course names are going off the page.  How do I wrap the text in the Certificate Template?

Is your text within a defined container, like a table cell with a defined width or anything like that? Or is it just free on the page?

Userlevel 1

Is your text within a defined container, like a table cell with a defined width or anything like that? Or is it just free on the page?

I have put it both within a table and outside.  It runs long.  I’d love to keep the font size relatively large-ish so it looks nice even if it goes to 2 lines.  Please and thanks in advance!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

It runs long within the table too? Did you define the width of the table cell that it is within?