Best Answer

Changing the Sample CSV

• 3 July 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Is there an option to upload our own or change the sample csv file that is shown when uploading users?

icon

Best answer by lsippell 10 July 2023, 22:27

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Yes, that sample csv just gets you started. We add values that go into additional fields which then trigger group enrolment and enrolment into courses. Once you upload your csv you get to map the csv fields to the ones in Docebo.

One field to watch is the expiry date as it has to be the correct format or the import won’t work.

This article gives you a list of the standard fields and acceptable formats: https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020128839-Importing-and-Managing-Users-via-CSV-Files

Userlevel 2
Badge

@AngeWi Thank you for your reply. We are aware of how to upload the csv files themselves and the process for that but want to change the sample. I do not see this information in the article. Could you please direct me to the section that goes over replacing the sample like I’ve shown in red in my image above? Thank you!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Ah - Apologies @lsippell, I’m with you now!

I don’t know how to replace the sample file with a different one, it appears to be a standard file in the cdn, you could perhaps adjust the localisation of “Not sure how to configure your file?” to include a link to your preferred sample csv.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@AngeWi Ah okay! We will look into that. Thank you so much for the suggestion 🙂

Userlevel 2
Badge

Found out after contacting Support and our CSM that there is no option to change the Sample but below is so CSS to hide it. It was also suggested I add this as an idea so here is the post for that if anyone else comes across this issue and wants to go upvote: 

/* Hides Sample CSV link */

#doc-layout-main > seven-common-parts > rightpanel-component > div > div.mdl-rightpanel.ui-shadow-md.bg-white.ng-trigger.ng-trigger-isVisible.ng-tns-c1689210972-3.has-description.ng-star-inserted > div.ng-tns-c1689210972-3.mdl-rightpanel__body.text-grey-dark.border-grey-light > dcl-wrapper > csv-data-source > form > div > div.csv-file-upload > div.samples-wrapper {

display: none;

}