Skip to main content
Best Answer

Channels: Keeping the Learner in Docebo vs. Linking out

• 25 July 2024
  • 1 reply

What are the restrictions and limitations for linked content on Channels?  For example, adding an external link to YouTube or Vimeo allows the Learner to watch the video within Docebo, however, posting a link to a video from LinkedIn, redirects the Learner out of Docebo and onto a new tab. I would like to add links to online learning “games”, but want the learner to stay on the tiles page so they can easily add comments and ask questions.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

What are the restrictions and limitations for linked content on Channels?  For example, adding an external link to YouTube or Vimeo allows the Learner to watch the video within Docebo, however, posting a link to a video from LinkedIn, redirects the Learner out of Docebo and onto a new tab. I would like to add links to online learning “games”, but want the learner to stay on the tiles page so they can easily add comments and ask questions.

Hi @wavitia what you’re describing is embedded content. So when you upload a Youtube, Vimeo or Wistia link it automatically embeds that content into the channel. As far as I know linkedin doesn’t support the direct embed of content into other platforms (outside of our specific linkedin learning integration for course content) because they want to drive traffic to their site.

The only content that allows for an embedded experience are videos that are directly uploaded or linked from the sources defined above. Additionally, power points and spreadsheets can be displayed this way.

For content like online learning games it wouldn’t be possible at this time to embed them. It might be possible to iframe them on a custom page but you would lose the commenting feature that a coach and share asset has.