Best Answer

Compliance Training Learning Plan

• 7 June 2023
  • 2 replies

I was trying to develop one learning plan for all compliance training -- approximately 5 courses/topics. The challenge I faced was that certain courses only applied to certain individuals. For example, a manager in California would take a different Sexual Harassment Prevention course than a manager in Texas. I was comfortable with creating an IC learning plan and a manager learning plan but I didn’t want to create 4 different manager learning plans (CA, IL, NY, everyone else) if only one course was different. 

I ended up rolling out the courses individually vs doing it in a learning plan but I would like to think there is an easier way?

icon

Best answer by KMallette 7 June 2023, 21:18

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@AnnetteOveHello … as long as your content is segmented like that, you’ll end up in the situation you found yourself. I have similar scenarios, so I just build multiple learning plans and reuse courses. This gives me control to confirm that all of the required courses are completed, and the customization that is required.

OR …you might think about this.

1. Put all of the common courses into an LP
  2. Designate one course as the “last object”
  3. Create a group that combined the completion of the “last object” with the state (and probably their job title/role). Use the group with an enrollment rule to enroll the state level course. You’d also need a group/enrollment rule for “everybody else”

Would love to hear what you decide to do.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@AnnetteOve- we are in the same place as @KMallette. Multiple LPs supporting the entire organization.

Deploying learning on an individual course basis may sneak up on you if you are looking for the system to hold onto that containership and answer has someone completed “New Hire Training” in a single report/metric.