Comslider - Html and Iframe

• 11 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Has anyone noticed that just recently, say in the last week, that their comslider banner is just a little off?

Notice Below how several of the letters are cut off in the first picture. If I reduce the size of the browser then full size it, the text will display fine, but then the buttons will display small. In this 2nd example, you can see the more info button text is small. It should look like the watch video button. 

Nothing I do in comslider has an effect on how it is being presented by Docebo. I changed the text of “First Alert” from 100 to 80 to see if this would make a difference. While it changed the text after I resized the browser, when I initially launched it, it was still cut off as in the 1st example below.

Comslider has been set up using the iframe widget for the last month or so with no problems. 
Trying to troubleshoot the issue in Docebo I tried using HTML with the same results. Messing with the height in either iframe or HTML made no difference. 

Everything in comslider displays fine. Any help would be appreciated!

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I found a workaround to address the issue above. 
For some reason any text I added in Comslider overtop an image was getting resized in Docebo making it cut off as shown in the above screenshots. 

To fix that issue, I had to make the text part of the background image, so the only thing in comslider overlaying the background image is the buttons.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Sounds like Comslider and Docebo have maybe a shared css class or something along those lines.

Be careful with text as images like this, make sure to add it as alt text otherwise this is very inaccessible to users who can’t read traditionally or choose not to. TO them the text is literally not there.