Best Answer

Course bookmark on exit page after exiting scorm file

• 14 March 2023
  • 4 replies

I created a SCORM file in Adobe Captivate 2019 and have an exit button on the last page. The course is set for infinite attempts. Course is set to complete when 100% of slides are visited. If I exit (by clicking exit button) and I attempt to re-open the course in Docebo, I open the last page where the exit button is (I assume this is the bookmark being passed from SCORM file to Docebo).

I had expected that I would be able to retake the course, but can’t seem to get to the start page. What am I missing?

New to Docebo and Captivate :-)

icon

Best answer by Stephen.Barton 15 March 2023, 10:44

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Check your settings in Captivate...bookmarking shield be managed in the course package. If done correctly you should see a course message saying something like, “resume where you left off?”

The settings are turned on in Captivate - I was just expecting that if I exit the course, the bookmark would no longer be on that page. I was assuming that where I left off was a completed and exited course so next logical place (to me) would be to restart the course. Perhaps it’s behaving as it should?

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

good question @suzanneearl 

As far as I can determine this is expected behaviour (although I agree it would be great if it recognised you had clicked Exit on the last slide and therefore the next time you want to go back to the beginning).

I could be wrong and it may be something that can be ‘fixed’ but I’ve been using the solution below for years now and everyone seems quite happy with it.

Hope that helps, let us know how you get on of if you have any questions.

good question @suzanneearl 

As far as I can determine this is expected behaviour (although I agree it would be great if it recognised you had clicked Exit on the last slide and therefore the next time you want to go back to the beginning).

I could be wrong and it may be something that can be ‘fixed’ but I’ve been using the solution below for years now and everyone seems quite happy with it.

Hope that helps, let us know how you get on of if you have any questions.

Thanks. This is probably where I am headed!