Best Answer

Course comment widget report

• 18 July 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Greetings !

Is it possible to report or extract course comments in any way? I find the course rating on the course report but not comments.

Thank you for your help.

Best,

Aimee

icon

Best answer by mlubenski 22 July 2022, 14:29

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Or a notification that can be triggered when someone comments?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @aswartz .

See this article: https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020083280-Enabling-the-Course-Rating

and read the section at the end, i think this is what you’re looking for.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@aswartz I asked the same question of support. I wanted to run a report that showed all Star ratings per user per course, and all comments per course. 

For the stars, this was the response:
“According to our article on the Course Rating widget, you can get an overview of the average course rating on a Courses - Users report. The Course Rating column will be available under the View Options tab, in the Usage Statistics subheading. Ratings themselves are anonymous, but this can still get you the average course rating.”

For comments, this was the response:
“I have done further tests in regards to the capabilities of the platform and currently other than the Course rating column mentioned previously, there currently isn't a way on the platform to show all the information you have requested in a report or another way. The only option would be to go through each of the comments left directly in each course.”

I like to see who Star rated the course. If a user gives a low star, I want to reach out to them to see how we can do better. What is it they did not like and if we can rectify? 

If the Star ratings and comments went hand in hand, we could see that they gave it a star of 1 and what comment they added.

Userlevel 5
Badge

That’s really weird to me that the only way to see comments is to troll through each course one by one. I will check if there is an idea registered to make this reportable or to be able to trigger a notification for it. It is dangerous to have something like that active if you can’t monitor it. 

Aimee 

Userlevel 5
Badge

FYI - no report but there is a notification that can be triggered for New Comment and New Reply. It’s under Forum in the notification list which I found confusing but I tested it and it works with the comment widget. I’ve no idea what New Discussion would be. Is the Forum functionality defunct and rolled into widgets? 

Best,

Aimee 

Userlevel 3

@aswartz I asked the same question of support. I wanted to run a report that showed all Star ratings per user per course, and all comments per course. 

For the stars, this was the response:
“According to our article on the Course Rating widget, you can get an overview of the average course rating on a Courses - Users report. The Course Rating column will be available under the View Options tab, in the Usage Statistics subheading. Ratings themselves are anonymous, but this can still get you the average course rating.”

For comments, this was the response:
“I have done further tests in regards to the capabilities of the platform and currently other than the Course rating column mentioned previously, there currently isn't a way on the platform to show all the information you have requested in a report or another way. The only option would be to go through each of the comments left directly in each course.”

I like to see who Star rated the course. If a user gives a low star, I want to reach out to them to see how we can do better. What is it they did not like and if we can rectify? 

If the Star ratings and comments went hand in hand, we could see that they gave it a star of 1 and what comment they added.

This is another “no-brainer” function Docebo should have.  Why have the ability to apply ratings, but not let us as Admins pull the full data?  An overall average rating is useless.  Just as you said, I want to know who rated and if low, address the issue. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Yeah. It seems silly that we cannot get that information. Hopefully, they will rectify it.