Question

Course Navigation withing Learning Plans

• 6 April 2022
  • 7 replies

Hi All!

New-ish to Docebo, and this might be a very basic question.  However, we are getting feedback from employees with frustration in navigating in their learning plans.  Is it possible to set-up a learning plan so a user is automatically gets moved to the next course instead of having to get there by navigating via breadcrumbs?

Below is the workflow are advising people to use now to get to the next course, but people seem to be having a hard time with that.  Any suggestions/tips would be recommended!

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@kfitzgerald  As an alternative to a learning plan that has many courses, you might consider putting several training materials into a single course shell. For example, like this:

The user experience then looks like this (these are SCORM files)

And when they are taking the course, they see this:

Thanks for the insight @KMallette!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

In full disclosure, did the multiple contents per course a few times too and had many users confused as to why they weren’t done since they were more used to a 1-1, so no method is a perfect solve. The Learning plan piece seems like would be a great candidate for an idea suggestion as some type of navigation there would be excellent. 

@Bfarkas appreciate your insight going the course level.  I entered an idea.  Feel free to upvote!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Bfarkas appreciate your insight going the course level.  I entered an idea.  Feel free to upvote!

Done! While I always found it funny they couldn’t navigate the course object level, just another reminder that nothing is ever perfect and navigation is hard :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Folks - on navigating - try having folks navigate from one training material to the next while you have more than a single Docebo Content (Go1 content) active in a single course.

I have received so much feedback with my initial go live that a person completed a course that actually had two parts to it? But the learner got confused by the big modal popup showing them that they have completed the course. We had to write up instructions, add a course widget...do everything to get people to realize that they were missing something.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Totally true @dklinger and then the widgets are sometimes a little hidden, or extra docs get overlooked. We were adding handouts for iLT that way and were almost always missed so added them into the notifications.