Course not appearing in search for users

• 15 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

We have a power user who has been working on some course.  They have been placed in a catalogue and that catalogue has been assigned to the top level user branch and all its descendants.  We have the courses locked for enrolments but are published.

These course will not show up in the global search and i cant work out why.  They appear in the search for me (as a super admin) but for standard users they do not appear.  What setting has been missed and is it all at all related to that fact its been a power user working on the course.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @KTJD if your course has content, try tagging the content with the course title or some keywords and that should get it to appear...or trey adding the PU directly to the catalogue. Also did you check that the PU has been given access to the branch and catalogue on their PU profile? Just a few areas to check if you haven't already 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I thought something locked for enrollments was skipped by the search engine. Have you tried unlocking it briefly to see if it shows up then?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I thought something locked for enrollments was skipped by the search engine. Have you tried unlocking it briefly to see if it shows up then?

That’s interesting if true.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Did you check to see if this setting was selected?  This could probably keep it from appearing for learners since they are not enrolled.