Course Notification not triggering for only new built courses as mid-Jan

• 1 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2

We have several notifications set for our courses. One is email to participant that triggers when they are approved for a registered course (status changes to Enrolled).  This notificaiton works for all courses except new courses that we build on January 24th.  The courses are set up the same.  We tried re-build a course from scratch and assigning the notificaiton, but it also did not trigger the email notification when enrollment approved and status change. 

Is anyone else experiencing this or have an idea why it works for over 100+ courses but not these newly built courses?  I checked and can find no documentation to see if a Weekly Update push is causing the issue.  We have a ticket in, but need a quick resolution as affecting our Customers.

Any ideas are appreciated, Cheryl

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@cheryl.theisHi, Cheryl … just to check. This is the same NOTIFICATION, but different courses?

If it is a different notification, make sure that it was created by someone logged into the same domain as the users who are to receive it. Even if a super admin signs in at <yourcompany>.docebosaas.com but the recipient is in <custom domain>.com the notifications will likely fail. The super admin needs to be signed into <custom domain>.com when creating the notification.

(I don’t think the issue is with the notification based on what you wrote, but I just wanted to confirm)

Userlevel 2

It is the same notification used for all courses.  It is only these new courses that are not triggering the notification.

These 4 new courses built on 1/24 are set up identical to our other courses with a slightly different course title specific to the Customer’s name.  We are stumped on this one.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

seems odd...just checking that you added the new courses to the notifications themselves? (unless you have them set to go out for all courses)…

Also, email security is becoming more and more of mandatory thing...have you installed your DKIM and SPF records? Also, have you checked your junk mail folders? 

Userlevel 2

We have double checked all of those and still not able to trigger the notification.  It works for all other courses assigned the notification.  We even tried to change the domain email per Docebo advise which did not work.  We re-built the course and notification with trigger ‘"user approved into ILT session" and still not working. Notification works correctly for all 100+ courses built before Jan 8 which is what is so strange. I found another psoting saying Docebo was pushing a weekly release on Jan 10 involving a fix for a Notificaiton issue. I can’t find any documentation if they did a release and what was done. I asked Docebo and got no response other than our ticket is now with Tier 2 Support. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

hmmm...I too found some issues after that release that are not documented by Docebo. If they did release a fix then your notifs should be working...please keep this thread updated with the responses from support...I’m intrigued. Thx