Best Answer

Courses not showing up in catalog

• 26 July 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Does anyone know if there is a limit on the number of courses that can be shown in the catalog widget? We have 26 courses in one particular catalog but only 24 are showing up.

icon

Best answer by Gary Jarvis 26 July 2022, 06:30

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

yes there is a MAX of 24,  I also found that out by trial and error and lots of waisted time :😓

There is an idea to have that limit increased but i cannot locate it at this moment

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thanks @Gary Jarvis 

I found the idea and added my vote 😀

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

I was panicking then as we have way over 24 courses in our catalogue but realised you are talking about widgets.  I don't know if it helps but we use pages to display our course catalogue contents.  We have a page with all the catalogues:

Once you click onto the relevant button it then goes to a page full of all the courses that belong to that catalogue (and its doesn't limit the number of courses displayed)

Userlevel 3

@kferguson I think this impacts us for some of the product catalogs that have a lot of courses.  We should review.  

Userlevel 3
Badge

@KTJD That page looks great! How do you arrange content in each page, would you mind sharing? :)

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@KTJD That page looks great! How do you arrange content in each page, would you mind sharing? :)

I just created a page with a load of custom content widgets which link to each specific catalogue page.  Each widget has an image background, a subtitle, and a link to each catalogue (each catalogue has a unique URL with a slightly different number).

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

I was panicking then as we have way over 24 courses in our catalogue but realised you are talking about widgets.  I don't know if it helps but we use pages to display our course catalogue contents.  We have a page with all the catalogues:

Once you click onto the relevant button it then goes to a page full of all the courses that belong to that catalogue (and its doesn't limit the number of courses displayed)

Looks scarily like our page 😀.  There was a discussion around having the “VIEW ALL” option once you scroll to the end of the 24 (I guess that would mean a max of 23 if that takes up 1 space), like it does on the mobile app - I'll see if I can locate the thread.

The PM from Docebo said they were investigating as it should do the same on the desktop site!

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Here is the post around it (and a link in that post to the original idea too!)