Question

CPE/CEU and automatically calculating the hours

• 27 October 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4

So we have ILT courses that are tied to continuing education and the number of hours the user attended the course. I see where we can put in the CPE’s for a course but it appears it is an all or nothing sort of proposition. 

Has anyone figured a way to calculate the CPE’s based on the attendance of the user? 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Are you looking to calculate the users’ credits for yourself or display it for them to see within the system?

Userlevel 4

Hi Steven, thanks for the response.

Both I guess. Just figure if a course is 10 CPE for 10 hours and is to be credited based on the amount of time in the class, then the student that was only there for 8 hours should get 8 CPE, not 10. 

We run across this in some of our accreditations and I was not seeing Docebo automatically do this. Did not know if I was doing it wrong, a bug, or Docebo lacked that functionality.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@gcrawford88 Hi, would like to hear your expertise and experience on this subject. So one of our clients on the platform (extended enterprise) are looking for CPE certified courses. You mentioned “I see where we can put in the CPE’s for a course but it appears it is an all or nothing sort of proposition.” Do you know if we are able to put in the CPE for a course that we curated from the Docebo Content Library? Anything you can share about CPE would be appreciated! Thanks