Best Answer

Create CV database for Instructor

• 30 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi there !

May be you can help… I hope :)

I would like to create a sort of CVdatabase for Instructor with some additional fields (like : area of expertise, skills...). It would be very helpfull for admin to be able to search an instructor who is the perfect match to ensure a training.

So I have created additional fields and set the visibility for the Instructor branch. I was wondering if there is a way for the instructor to update those fields and to maintain data quality ? Because there is a lot of instructors in teh database and it will be very complicated for admin to maintain the data?

Thank you very much,

CG

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 30 June 2023, 20:08

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

if you’re asking whether a user can update their own information, then the answer is yes but with caveats. You will need to open up the ability for users to fill in / change the additional fields...I did test a while back but cannot recall if it only applied to mandatory fields or whether they can update any fields.

CAUTION, this is a global setting and cannot be applied to a small sub-set of users so it may not be the approach you want to use.

Only other way I can think of is to make them power users with access to their own profiles + the ability to edit users...a but risky and more to manage but do-able

Thank you !

I will test your solution, hope it will work :)

Christèle