Best Answer

Creating Group where 1 condition MUST be met

• 22 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I am wondering if I am missing something or if there is a limitation here. I am trying to create a group where we need everyone with field Company = 20   and Job ID field = is equal to any of a list of 100. 

Because of the way this is setup I can’t figure out a way to use one group. I have to create 10 groups with 10 job ids. Is there a better way to do this? 

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 22 June 2023, 21:45

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@B0LT That’s the way I’d do it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

yes that is the limitation when your top criteria says, “all the sets must be satisfied”…

there are updates coming soon that might help you??

with these new options you might have to think about building your groups from a different angle...it’s hard to tell from your screenshot that only shows 2 sets and without seeing all your data...

Userlevel 3

From what I’ve seen on the Sandbox, you can have up to 10 values in one condition now, instead of one single value.

So instead of having a single line for every single Job ID, you could something like this:

User additional field Job profile contains 1166,1168,1169,1178 etc.

From my testing, if a user has “1166” in their Job profile (in this example), they would meet the condition. 

Which means, if you have 100 users, you’ll need 10 conditions with 10 values each. Remember that this is Sandbox, so I have no idea if and when this comes to production.

Userlevel 3

I actually have to correct myself, instead of “contains” it would need to be “is equal to”. “Contains” still allows for a single value only.