Best Answer

Creating Groups

• 19 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hi everyone!

I just have a question regarding groups.  I want to set up a group that is automatic so when people join us, if they are part of a certain part of the organisation, they will join so we can assign them some training.  I have set up the group and pulled people from the areas and it’s created a fab list.  However, when I’ve looked through it it has people who have now left the organisation even though I have ticked the box to say to not include them.

We work with another system that automatically expires an account when they are processed as a leaver; and I’m wondering if the fact that people’s accounts are expired rather than disabled is the issue, but I can’t see any other options to select.  Is manually trawling through the list and removing expired accounts the only way to do this?  Or do a manual selection?  Just looking for some advice because if it could be automated and I can be confident with the report then it will save me a lot of time!

Thanks, as always, for your help

Keep safe
Paul

icon

Best answer by dwilburn 19 April 2024, 14:29

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

That is correct, the group will remove deactivated people (status is no longer green). Reporting has options regarding expired and deactivated people. But groups does not.

The simplest way to take care of this is to periodically run a report that shows those that are expired. Then use that as a CSV file to upload to deactivate all that expired.

I have a users.to.deactivate.csv that sits in a folder, it only needs user name in one column and no in another. I also set the user level to user in case they were a power user.

username active level
spacely@spacelysprockets.com no user
Badge

Thank you so much for this - this sounds like what I was looking for.

Keep safe

Paul

Badge

Hi @dwilburn - where do you upload that file?  I have got the report but not sure where to take it?  Any advice would be great, thank you.

Keep safe

Paul

Userlevel 5
Badge

Take a look at Importing and Managing Users via CSV Files – Docebo Help & Support

There are significant capabilities to what you can manage regarding users with a CSV file. One of Docebo’s strengths.

Attached is the sample file supplied by the system. You upload the CSV file in the user area.

Badge

Thanks again! Much appreciated!

Keep safe
Paul