Question

Custom report & scheduling to a Power User.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Question regarding a custom report & scheduling to a Power User.

I set up a customer report for a specific group + all courses and have it scheduled to send to two people. One person is also a power user who does not have access to all courses within the power user settings, but I do want them to see all courses on this report. 

I thought that when you schedule a custom report it sends to the individual regardless of the access they have as a user or power user. Is that correct? Or is there a way to have the report include all the information I set in the filter tab without being limited to what the person has access to as a power user?

Thanks!

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

HI @simone.yaghi to your point:

I thought that when you schedule a custom report it sends to the individual regardless of the access they have as a user or power user. Is that correct?

yes we do this for one of our admins...If you, the super admin sets up the report, when you share it, it will contain information about courses the PU cannot access. Please test it thoroughly.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Thank you @lrnlab. So if I want them to see the courses in the report I need to give them access within their PU profile? That is the only way?

But at the same time if they are not a PU and they are just a regular user, they are receiving the report with courses they don’t have access to.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

As far as I know the repot goes out with the data available to whomever created it….This is why I, as a super, created the report containing courses the PU has no access to. When the report is sent to them, it contains the data on all courses, not just the ones they can see.

The bigger issue is if you want a PU to create their own reports - this is bound to their permissions so if you do not provide them access to view all courses, they will only see what they are authorized to see. This is why I created the report and then shared with it with other PUs.

Hope this makes sense.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

That makes sense, and that’s what I did - I as a super user created a report for all courses. and when I test it I see all courses. But when my PU runs it (who has limited courses in his permissions) he doesn’t see all of the courses.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

That makes sense, and that’s what I did - I as a super user created a report for all courses. and when I test it I see all courses. But when my PU runs it (who has limited courses in his permissions) he doesn’t see all of the courses.

think that’s the issue...the PU cannot run it since it will look at their permissions, ...you can only send it to them via email.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Right okay makes sense. Thanks.