Best Answer

Deadlines in Quick Overview widget

• 25 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

On my learner home page, I have used the widget “Quick Overview: What’s on the Docket?” When learners are approaching a deadline, the course shows under the “Not Started” and “Deadlines” tab. However, once the deadline passes, the course no longer displays on the Deadlines tab, leading users to believe they do not have any upcoming deadlines. Has anyone found a workaround for this issue?

icon

Best answer by dklinger 25 October 2023, 16:59

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@LaurenMcMurphy Seeing what others have done in the past, some folks play with the experience of a 3 catalog approach/idea where they are supporting a catalog of what needs to be done, one that shows stuff underway, and one that shows stuff completed. There are good sides and down sides to it, but it will probably bring you the most flexibility.

Alas though, I am like you leveraging the “tasks” widget and I have not seen a way that works other than by extending the deadline - which may not make sense as you have folks that are looking to complete learning timely.

This become a serious challenge as you have folks leaving learning in their cues overtime as they will want something to differentiate it from other learning that has to be done.

Would love to see an Overdue type of status added to the widget to convey urgency, not just something with a deadline.