Delete inactive accounts

• 28 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I’m looking to delete inactive accounts with an automation. What has worked for you?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

What are you defining as inactive?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Q: Is there a way to see Deleted users?

Where can I see Admin events made in the LMS? example > course creation ?, users enrollement etc.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Q: Is there a way to see Deleted users?

Where can I see Admin events made in the LMS? example > course creation ?, users enrollement etc.

Have you checked out the audiit log/ audit trail at all?

https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/6095145987346-New-Audit-Trail-Events-Details

There’s also a report based on it.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Apologies for not addressing the deletion directly, but be aware that deleting users destroys data as well (e.g. historical completes in courses, ILTs , etc, and of course the user account data). Deactivating or "expiring" the account will preserve data but lock the account out. As far as I know,  inactive accounts do not incur any extra charges, though always confirm directly with your account manager.

For compliance reasons you may want to consider retaining deactivated accounts. Having a "deactivated users" branch in your branch structure and simply moving (manual or via an automation you develop) all "expired" accounts there can work; so if the root issue is old account pollution in your branch structure, this is a solution.