Disable pop out option on SCORM file desktop lighbox mode?

• 1 November 2023
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi! I am new to Docebo and testing out the player view options. Is there anyway to disable this pop out option in desktop lightbox view? I have a SCORM file uploaded where the user can use the progress bar in the SCORM player to move ahead in the inserted video. Works just fine and they can resume wherever they left off. If they click this pop out button and try to slide  the progress bar forward in the pop up, it sends them back to where they were. Their only option is to continue to click the forward 5 seconds. The pause in the pop up also does not pause what they are viewing. Any help or ideas are appreciated. Thank you 

11 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I see now it is called ‘in picture toggle”. I was able to turn it off my view but is there a way to disable this for all users? The SCORM file does not work correctly when you use that pop out.

I’m new to Docebo as well.  When you upload the SCORM, do you choose full screen for desktop and tablet?

Userlevel 2
Badge

@stewarts I have the view mode set to lightbox - I prefer the inline view but my SCORM files are not bookmarking correctly in that view mode. I don’t like the look of fullscreen view that in picture toggle was there when i tried out that view mode too. I was able to click disable for myself but don't want this option for learners because the pause and fast forward using the scroll bar do not work when the SCORM is popped out in this in picture toggle option.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Pros and cons are called out as you set them up.

• Lightbox gets rated for a better experience. 
  • Fullscreen/Inline are supposed to be a more stable experience.

For the most part, we stick with lightbox. We are careful to avoid a window popping out to another window when we are authoring the SCO.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@dklinger - Thank you! So with your SCORM files in lightbox view, do you get that “in picture toggle” icon as I showed above? If so, do you know how to disable it for all users? I could click on it myself and select disable but since it doesn't work with the way my SCORM files are supposed to function, I don't want anyone clicking that and then having a bad experience because it is not functioning the way it should.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Sorry! I missed the image.

I believe the in picture toggle is more of a function of the browser.

Annoyingly? I believe it is part of responsiveness and the function for browsers today.

In particular, this can be a serious pain with mobile devices and video.

In the past, (I am showing my age) you could control some elements on a browser by browser basis by doing includes in your css / and javascript that is loading as the entire site is loading. I believe - for the most part - this is a disappearing practice. But I do defer to the HTML/CSS gods that are out there for a better explanation.

In some cases, you can engage your IT team to do a “build” with your browser that will disable that function. But beyond these notes, I think you are going to run into a wall.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@dklinger - Thank you! Appreciate your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@jsalinas - one more question - what is your authoring tool? you may be able to support not clicking somewheres with a few tricks. Again if they are on mobile devices? You may be stuck.

There is an older trick in Storyline for example where you can limit where the user is clicking.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@dklinger I use ispring suite but I have never seen that ‘in picture toggle’ before and I have used ispring SCORM files in other LMS’ in the past so I figured it is a Docebo thing (again very new to Docebo) or as mentioned, maybe a browser thing. Our IT team just defaulted us all to Firefox, which I don't typically use and am less familiar with so maybe that’s it?????

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I would suggest the sanity check of checking a few browsers.

Good luck with this.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@dklinger thx!