Skip to main content

I have a channel on a topic that I want users to be able to see, but I do not want to enrol users onto the courses in it. Instead user’s will have the option to enrol on the courses from a catalogue. The channel would then become visible to a user and they can choose to ‘follow’ the channel.

If I set up a digest notification for users if they have followed a channel, will they receive the notification when any content is uploaded into the channel, or only when they are also enrolled on it?

I would assume yes...keep in mind that any courses set with Admin Approval Required do NOT appear in Channels. You should run some tests to confirm it works the way you want it to.

I would assume yes...keep in mind that any courses set with Admin Approval Required do NOT appear in Channels. You should run some tests to confirm it works the way you want it to.

This is more for eLearning than ILT courses, so if it’s published then I can either enrol a user or not. If a user isn’t enrolled, do you know if they will receive a notification when its added to the channel?

Not sure that the notification of an addition to a channel is linked to whether someone is enrolled in that asset or course so I would assume they would still get the notification. You seem to have some good use cases so I would recommend you test them out to confirm this is the behaviour you are expecting.

Having discussed it further internally, we try to send as few emails as possible so we will probably include updates that we want to highlight in a regular, firmwide internal email.

If I do test this out I will update this thread.