Question

Do instructors need to be enrolled in specific sessions in a course?

• 19 January 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Do instructors need to be enrolled in a session?

Before: We enrolled the instructor into the course but not the session and had no issues.

Now: Two different instructors the past two days could not start a course they are teaching until they entered into a session. Even though they were enrolled in the course and listed as a session instructor. We do not add instructors to Events, only the sessions, but never had to enroll an instructor into a session.

What has changed? - We also noticed the button used to change into a different session for instructors were moved to another location on the screen. And on the user side, selecting a session is on the right side now.

Thank you for your time.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @ncassella you should not need to enrol instructors in the sessions with the new ILT course type and adding them to events is optional...what virtual learning platform are you using? If it’s MS Teams, there may be some configuration that needs to done on their Teams accounts to allow them to open/manage sessions

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi Irnlab, regular platform not using 360.
The instructors are being forced to enroll into a session. I don’t know why. I may have to open a ticket.

Thank you for your reply always appreciated!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@ncassella I was referencing MS Teams as I know others have reported similar issues with that tool...what meeting tool do you use? Zoom, MS Team, Connect, etc. the issue could be on that side.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

We are using Google Meet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

so I would check the settings in the instructor accounts to make sure they have the appropriate rights to manage meetings...might be worth a shot...sorry I cannot be more helpful

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

OK I will do that thank you!