Docebo's Go Learn App and Branded Mobile App

Userlevel 2

Let’s talk about the Go Learn and Branded Mobile App! I can answer your questions and product functionality questions.

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@colin.schott I don’t have any questions right now but am happy to weigh in on how it’s working for us. A few of our users have been using the Go Learn app now that you’ve built out some of the functionality that we needed. We have college students that serve as mentors in our afterschool program and they are more inclined to take courses and view content on their phones. Once you added the ability to post comments on assets which is how they do their homework assignments during training and onboarding, we could finally take advantage of the mobile app.

We would love to someday have the branded mobile app but it’s too expensive for us and we don’t have enough usage to warrant advocating for such a big expense. I don’t have a whole lot of feedback from our learners yet but will soon be looking to see how satisfied they are with the learning experience on their devices. We have future plans to create “on the job” aids and microlearning that our mentors can use when they are actually in the program with the kids so the app will be critical for serving that up since they aren’t working at computers.

I’ve been super pleased to see you building out the feature set with the app. Being able to participate in a webinar via the app was another critical need and we’re happy our users can do that now too. Looking forward to hearing how others are using the app and what successes/challenges they are having. 

Userlevel 2

Thanks for the initial feedback @Cindy McElhinney, be on the look-out on May 26th for Gamification on the Go Learn App. Perhaps your college students would want to start earning some badges for their course completions and compete with others in the Leaderboard.

Userlevel 2

We are working on our 2022 Mobile roadmap for enhancements. You can use your Ideas link in your Platform to create and vote on enhancements. If you have specific request let me know and we can add this to the enhancement consideration list for 2022.

Userlevel 3

We would love to see observation checklists and user summary available in the app. We have over 500 engineers who only have a mobile phone so rely on the Go learn app. We really desperately want to have observational assessments in the field using the checklists but can’t do this as it isn’t supported in the app. We also have engineers audited when they go onsite so need to show their training completion for industry mandated courses. Being able to show their personal summary to prove their certification is in date would be a huge help too.

Really, in 2021 we shouldn’t be having a conversation about the go learn app, as the whole platform should be designed around mobile first or at least have some passable responsive design!

Userlevel 2

@Richard.Harknett Thanks for the ideas, we are actually adding Observational Checklists in Mobile around September/October release periods. I will add the personal summary page idea for next years enhancement consideration list. 

Userlevel 3

@Richard.Harknett Thanks for the ideas, we are actually adding Observational Checklists in Mobile around September/October release periods. I will add the personal summary page idea for next years enhancement consideration list. 

That’s great to hear Colin. Thanks for the update.

Is there any method to disable access to Go.Learn in our platform? We want to evaluate it before making it available to our learners.

Userlevel 3

Love this discussion. We are thinking about going the mobile app route and adding this feature, but our hesitancy revolves around our analytics data showing only .09% of our 20000 MAUs (450k users platform wide) attempt mobile access. 

Userlevel 2

@Loupetron There currently is not a UI option to disable the mobile app, but there are two steps that your employees would need to follow and know. First, they have to download the app from Google Play or the App Store, which is possible for them to find without direction from the LMS team. The second is for them to enter your Docebo Platform URL, this is likely something they would not know and not easily to figure out. Finally, if users are inactive they would not have access to the platform or the mobile app. I am not sure of your current rollout process, but if you are in a soft launch stage and only have a certain number of folks active in the platform they are the only ones that can access the mobile app.

Userlevel 2

@JZenker  Sounds like you are facing the “Field of Dreams” dilemma, “if you build it, will they come.” I would ask some questions around what could be driving the low mobile access, like: Are learners aware of the mobile app? Is your current content conducive to mobile access? Some folks to not like taking training on a 4 to 5 inch screen, so are tablets a better learning experience. Do business mobile situations exist, like Sales teams needing training on client site visits? Just a few thoughts.