Docebo Usage Dashboard

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I received an email this morning about a new dashboard that’s coming on 2023-06-28: the Docebo Usage Dashboard.

There will also be a change in how monthly active users (MAU) will be calculated.

Docebo understands that showing the ROI for learning is more important than ever. That's why we’re excited to announce that on June 28, 2023, we are launching the Docebo Usage Dashboard, which will replace the current Active Users report on your platform.

The Docebo Usage Dashboard will give you clear insight into learner engagement. With this new capability, you can make better decisions on improving learner engagement, optimizing content, and maximizing your value from Docebo.

Along with the launch of the new dashboard, Docebo is also updating how Monthly Active Users are calculated in the system. Previously, activity within an Instructor-Led Training (ILT) course was not counted toward Monthly Active Users. Beginning on June 28, 2023, activity within ILT courses will be counted toward Monthly Active Users.

The new dashboard will be accessible by your Super Admin and located in the header of their profile on the platform. The dashboard will provide you with the opportunity to track the usage of:

• Docebo Learn
  • Branded Mobile App
  • Extended Enterprise

If you have any further questions, please reach out to us and open a case ticket with our Customer Support team via the Help Center. Note that you can always find important dates related to your Docebo platform on the Product Updates page on our website.

paolo.gaioni 9 months ago

Thank you all for your feedback.

We've been monitoring feedback from all channels and have been hard at work to scope a number of improvements to the Usage Dashboard, which we've outlined in this post:

We encourage you to share any additional feedback and questions by replying to this new post.

We'll be closing this post for further comments in order to centralize feedback.

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

good point...had not seen that point...thanks for calling it out...

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

An important detail that is. I have a lot of ILT sessions so that will bump up my active users above the thresholds and I didn’t realise that was happening until I received the email. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Yeah, I got the same email today. Luckily, we don’t have too many ILT sessions at the moment. I wonder if there’ll be a chance to preview the new dashboard before it’s rolled out at the end of June.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi, this has huge implications for which licencing plan you have and the cost of running the platform in the future does it not ? Would Docebo like to be more transparent and publish something in relation to that aspect, which makes the potential for a rise in costs crystal clear ?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I have a monthly call with our AM and CSM this Friday where I’ll ask about a dashboard preview, or at least a report on how this change will affect MAU.

My organization should be OK, but I suspect other Docebo clients may get a surprise. 

TLDR: read the entire email.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

I do not see any benefit to this new Dashboard.  Has anyone else?  Now I have to click on that link to see what the current Active User count is, instead of it just always being displayed on the bar at the top.  And I tried to download the latest report and it took several steps to even find the option to download the report, then it gave an error and wouldn’t let me download it.

Anyone else have a better experience with this or see any added benefit?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I do not see any benefit to this new Dashboard.  Has anyone else?  Now I have to click on that link to see what the current Active User count is, instead of it just always being displayed on the bar at the top.  And I tried to download the latest report and it took several steps to even find the option to download the report, then it gave an error and wouldn’t let me download it.

I miss the old counter. 

I’m on the fence with this new dashboard. I’m willing to give it a shot, but I’m not sure why this dashboard exists.

Userlevel 3

Agree not loving it either and I get an error when I try to download any reports.  

Userlevel 3

From my side all that seems to have happened is:

• It is now a lot less easy to run the report, with lots of unnecessary steps
  • The data in the report isn’t the same (they only show first name / last name, not user name), so no unique ID
  • The report layout has been created without any real effort or UX consideration (e.g. column headers include things like: “is_docebo_content”, date fields are even less user friendly than usual)
  • Lots of users now have higher costs in by the new approach to MAU, without any contractual updates

What’s worse is that no-one from Docebo is getting out and talking to people about the issues this raises.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Agreed. Aside from everything else mentioned above, I'm not a big fan of the new dashboard opening in a separate tab, making it ripe for problems with pop-up blockers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

One thing I like though is the following 12 month chart view.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

It seems that the “de-anonymized” report wants to stay anonymous !!

Not telling you !!

We used to have a “live counter”, we were able to see in live who is an active user. The offered reports that we currently have don’t show that. I really think we should have that “live counter” back. It was really helpful.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thank you all for your feedback.

We've been monitoring feedback from all channels and have been hard at work to scope a number of improvements to the Usage Dashboard, which we've outlined in this post:

We encourage you to share any additional feedback and questions by replying to this new post.

We'll be closing this post for further comments in order to centralize feedback.