Question

Does Group Automatic Assignment "re-occur" with every Salesforce sync?

• 4 May 2023
  • 2 replies

We have groups created with automatic assignment turned and a notification created to go out when the user is assigned to that group - but we’ve been told that notification is being sent multiple times per day (seems like it is happening around our Salesforce sync times). Does anyone know if a sync “refreshes” all users and the users get re-assigned to the group which would then trigger the notification again? If so - how do we stop this??

Thanks all!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

We are using the contact sync with Salesforce, and I know that all users get refreshed .  So it is highly likely that since the profile is being “modified” every time the sync happens, they are being reassigned to the group.  

I think from the Salesforce app, if you go to the option for “Configure” for the contact sync, you could turn off the option for “Update User Information”, and that might keep from all profiles being updated with each sync, but if there are changes to the user’s information in Salesforce, it will not carry over to the profiles in Docebo. 

I would confirm with support before making a change to your salesforce sync configuration.

Thanks for the insight - would the profile be modified even if no info is changing? we do want to keep using Salesforce to make changes on the user level so our support team only looks in one place to make changes.

Would adjusting to a different type of notification work better? Thinking maybe the learning plan notification since each group is associated 1-1 with a learning plan enrollment? I know the system doesn’t “re-enroll” if a user is already in there so maybe that would prevent the user information sync from triggering emails?