Question

Embed Code in HTML Widget

• 5 April 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4

Hi team, 

I’m trying to use an embedded link to go to an interactive infographic (we are using Visme). However, the code doesnt seem to be working with the HTML widget. I’ve asked Docebo support and they didn’t really have a good answer. 

Has anyone else tried to do this and have a solution? I can provide more details too. 

Thanks, 

D’Arcy 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hmm… I am not familiar with Visme but I have a question / suggestion.

Are you getting the embed code direct from Visme and pasting it or are you trying to code it yourself?

If you are getting the embed code from Visme I would be sure to double check that the code from Visme remains identical to the code you embed after doing a save.

Sometimes Docebo will strip out code it does not like and will render something non-functional.

Userlevel 4

Yes - that’s what;s happening with the code. Pieces are getting removed and I’m not smart enough to code it myself. 🙃 I think I found a work around by allowing the URL in advanced settings. Just looking for any and all ideas!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I saw this on the Visme site.

Looks like it begins with a script tag which isn’t going to be accepted.

Have you tried to iframe it in or can you download it as something else and upload that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I made a free account and was able to get the sample project to display on my site using the iframe widget.

I grabbed the share link

Then I pasted the link in the iframe widget.

Hope that helps!

Userlevel 4

Greg! You’re awesome!

Yes - I was able to iframe it and hope that this will work going forward. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@dandrews my experience with the HTML widget is that it’s pretty simplistic and will strip out code it doesn't like...same happens with terms & conditions, privacy policy and most places where you have access to HTML coding

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Yup, and no scripts allowed! If we could sneak them in through embeds I bet a lot of people on here would be abusing to sneak scripts into the pages.