Best Answer

Enrollment rules not triggering to exist employees

• 1 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Is there a way to assign new course thru exist enrollment rules app?

I’ve a existing enrollment rules (with 10 onboarding course) for our location and it works well if any employees newly joined into our groups/branches.

Now, we are extending our onboarding course from 10 to 12...The newly added 2 courses does not assign to our exist employees. Enrollment rules not processing to our employees those who added already into our groups/branches, If any new employee added into our groups/branches, 12 onboarding courses are assigning as expected. 

In Docebo KB article says retroactive does not work in enrollment rule app.. Unfortunate! 

We are enabling new onboarding courses frequently and it is not best approach to create a groups every time when we enable a new course to our onboarding employees thru enrollment rules.

Do we have any best practice for this scenarios or did I miss something in settings?

icon

Best answer by eleonora.maggioni 3 August 2022, 10:48

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

hi @Baskaran venugopal,

as you mentioned the enrollment rules are not retroactive, so the best practice could be when you create the new course you should enroll the group/branch to the course, if you have a lot of different branches or groups to add you can also use the option Import enrolled user from the course and you will select one of the courses of the onboarding. With these options, you should also add the new courses to the enrollment rules.  

There is another option that we use:
we create a learning plan with all the courses of the onboarding and a related enrollment rule so that when we add a course to the learning plan all the users are automatically enrolled in all the courses (also the users that have already completed the learning plan) and you don’t have to add the new courses in the enrollment rules.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

hi @Baskaran venugopal,

as you mentioned the enrollment rules are not retroactive, so the best practice could be when you create the new course you should enroll the group/branch to the course, if you have a lot of different branches or groups to add you can also use the option Import enrolled user from the course and you will select one of the courses of the onboarding. With these options, you should also add the new courses to the enrollment rules.  

There is another option that we use:
we create a learning plan with all the courses of the onboarding and a related enrollment rule so that when we add a course to the learning plan all the users are automatically enrolled in all the courses (also the users that have already completed the learning plan) and you don’t have to add the new courses in the enrollment rules.

I missed to test the Learning Plan options… Now, I’ve setup rules based on LP.. Thanks for your inputs