Best Answer

Fail a SCORM, continue the course

• 24 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello,

I have an e-learning course that includes three items. First is a microsoft form embedded in an iframe, second is an Articulate Rise quiz, third is another microsoft form for an upload. Each item show the previous items as prerequisites.

For the Articulate Rise quiz, the learner has 3 opportunities to take the quiz. If they fail on the third try, they keep a failing score. However, they are now “done” with the course by our standards, and I want them to move to the third object in the course. My testing of this shows that this isn’t working. How do I get my SCORM file to send whatever Docebo needs to know that the course is “done” despite being failing for the learner to continue?

Module done, no retake option

Docebo doesn’t allow learner to continue

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 24 October 2023, 19:06

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Do you have a passing score set? It may be too high or perhaps you can set it to zero. Alos check your completion marker options in your SCORM  file to make sure it is set to mark the content as completed at a specific spot, screen or slide, etc.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@lrnlab Yes, passing score is 80%. The learner can do 2 retakes for 3 total testing sessions. The goal is to show them as passed if they earn over 80%. Maybe it’s because I had the text as “passed/incomplete”? I’ll republish with passed/failed and see what that does.

Is it better to post as a new version or update the current if I want it to retroactively effect the people who have taken the module and can’t advance?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

hmm...for minor changes you can usually republish the package and replace it and users should not be affected. Not Sur when it comes to changing something like the way it tracks...I definitely recommend you do some testing...Create a copy of your course, assign it to a test ID and then run it through the update process. This way you'll see exactly what the impact will be for users in progress.

Userlevel 3
Badge

I loaded it as an update instead of a new version and logged in as the user and went back to the Rise file in progress, and clicked through the last pages showing she’s failed and unable to retake. Neither closing the window to go back to the course screen nor clicking next lesson released the prerequisite requirement. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

hmm, perhaps add a last slide with an exit button? the LMS will look for a trigger to marked it as “done” or “passed” so if you have a pass grade and the user does not meet that, they cannot move forward. If you keep the test but remove the action that makes this the trigger for completion, that should work.