Question

Follow-Up Email Notifications for vILT Sessions/Events

• 12 August 2021
  • 3 replies

I am working on setting up a set of vILT courses that will have weekly sessions/events, each of which will be recorded. I’d like to set up follow-up emails to be sent to registrants a few hours after each session, once the instructor has had time to add the recording. I was surprised that even though recordings are a native feature of vILT sessions, there’s no shortcode for them in notifications. Is it possible to include a direct link to the recording in the follow-up emails automatically?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

This is actually an issues that I just ran into. I built out a long series of Sessions and Events with staff in cohorts and required to attend 11 events in a session.  We found that the limitation of the system is notifications are only triggered from “Sessions” and not “events” so unfortunately the only solution is to rebuild your vILT sessions at the Session level with only one event per session (which to me defeats the purpose, but it was what my Help Ticket response was). 

Wish there was a better solution to this, it would be very handy! Probably worth adding as a suggestion. 

Userlevel 2

@Stephanie Dreiling How did you do this with enrollments? Can’t a user only be enrolled into one session at a time? Did you just make your one event encompass your initial thought of 11 events?

We’re running into this issue now and struggling for a resolution.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

We don’t use the Notifications engine for that. Once we post the event recording we’re sending an email to users who are enrolled in the session, using the Send Email function in the Session → Enrolled Users list.

We have an HTML template, which we simply copy-paste into the editor (in the source code view). It includes the [course_link] short code, and we provide instructions, that users have to expand the recent event from the list to watch the replay. 

So far this works pretty good.