Skip to main content

Gamification - How do learners know a course has some tangible value?

• 1 December 2022
  • 4 replies

The entire point of gamification is to create some incentive. Give them a hook, and pull them in. If I set up a course to have points and/or a badge associated with it I don’t see this badge on the course shell? This seems asinine. I reviewed the thread below (that popup they mention by the way is still buggy, 1-2 years later).

How do I help my learners see they should take X set of courses because they have points. Stars are shown, but not that gamification is associated with the content. Thoughts? How are you guys using gamification in Docebo? 

@captainzelda  Just wondering … do you have the gamification widget on the dashboard?

I put information in the course description.

We could turn that on, but that’s more retro active after they’ve taken content. I’m asking more about how do they know they should take a course because it’s going to earn them points? More of the proactive carrot. 

We could do it in the description, and probably a thumbnail. I’m just surprised this isn’t native in Docebo like the star rating? I wasn’t sure if I was missing something.

@captainzelda - did you ever find a native way to do this instead of manually included it in the course description? 

We’re including it in the thumbnail but it’s very confusing for our end users 🤔