Gamification - How do learners know a course has some tangible value?

• 1 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

The entire point of gamification is to create some incentive. Give them a hook, and pull them in. If I set up a course to have points and/or a badge associated with it I don’t see this badge on the course shell? This seems asinine. I reviewed the thread below (that popup they mention by the way is still buggy, 1-2 years later).

How do I help my learners see they should take X set of courses because they have points. Stars are shown, but not that gamification is associated with the content. Thoughts? How are you guys using gamification in Docebo? 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@captainzelda  Just wondering … do you have the gamification widget on the dashboard?

I put information in the course description.

Userlevel 4
Badge

We could turn that on, but that’s more retro active after they’ve taken content. I’m asking more about how do they know they should take a course because it’s going to earn them points? More of the proactive carrot. 

We could do it in the description, and probably a thumbnail. I’m just surprised this isn’t native in Docebo like the star rating? I wasn’t sure if I was missing something.