Best Answer

Gifting Courses/ Buying seats for others

• 9 August 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi Everyone,

I have 2 use cases that I looking for help on

1.  Is there an ability for someone to purchase a course for someone else. EX- John wants to gift a course to Sally.'
  2. Is there an easy way for someone to purchase multiple seats for their team. EX- John is the manager of a team of 4 and he wants to buy a seat for himself and for his 4 team members.

I have looked at the Subscription purchasing model and these two use cases almost seem too simple for it and dont appear to work. its also important that both of the methods be available from the same catalog page and public catalog.

Im sure that if there is answer to this question, its a simple one that I should have known, but i appreciate any help anyone can offer :-)

Thanks!​​​​​​

icon

Best answer by gstager 9 August 2023, 21:02

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

We would like to see simplification of this process as well.

Right now - we have the benefit of also having a catalog of product that we sell in addition to training items so the idea is to simply make the purchase outside of Docebo but we already have a system in place for those sorts of transactions and part numbering the courses is not difficult.

So if a manager wants to purchase 5 seats of a course - they do a standard PO purchase with us and then I provide coupon codes for 100% OFF for the manager to give the employees when they go through the Docebo side.

Userlevel 2

We would like to see simplification of this process as well.

Right now - we have the benefit of also having a catalog of product that we sell in addition to training items so the idea is to simply make the purchase outside of Docebo but we already have a system in place for those sorts of transactions and part numbering the courses is not difficult.

So if a manager wants to purchase 5 seats of a course - they do a standard PO purchase with us and then I provide coupon codes for 100% OFF for the manager to give the employees when they go through the Docebo side.

Thank you for this!

I was afraid that was gonna be the answer...so how do you get new users who want to purchase multiple seats to your other platform/a location to PO or invoice if they want to buy multiple seats?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@KyleRBennett 

We have an FAQ to answer that question in Docebo which guides them to their sales rep. If they don’t see that they will call and ask or send an email.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

As a side note - I like the ability to have coupon codes. I would just like a little more flexibility with them and if we could tie them in to the shopping cart - that would be great.

• Buy Online Class
  • Check box “Is this for me or for someone else?”
  • Qty 5
  • Codes auto  generated and emailed.

At this point - the courses are paid for so I don’t care who eventually uses the code - that should all get tracked when the coupon is redeemed. The system should recognize the code being used and that it was already paid so it doesn’t register as two transactions.

Userlevel 2

As a side note - I like the ability to have coupon codes. I would just like a little more flexibility with them and if we could tie them in to the shopping cart - that would be great.

• Buy Online Class
  • Check box “Is this for me or for someone else?”
  • Qty 5
  • Codes auto  generated and emailed.

At this point - the courses are paid for so I don’t care who eventually uses the code - that should all get tracked when the coupon is redeemed. The system should recognize the code being used and that it was already paid so it doesn’t register as two transactions.

Yes! this is how our old LMS worked and it was great because it put the customer in control and did not require anything from us on the backend. As you stated, it was paid for and we had the money so it didn't matter who used the codes.

I would support this suggestion as well, the fact that this process is so complicated is very discouraging.

Th​ank You for your help!​​​​​​

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I would be curious to hear what others are doing as well.

Personally - I don’t want to make a power user and teams out of every person/group that needs/wants to do this. Especially if the purchaser never takes a course themselves.

To me - a power user should be another employee with some controlled subset of access as a means of assisting me with handling day to day functions - not a customer who wants to buy multiple seats in a course.

Userlevel 2

I would be curious to hear what others are doing as well.

Personally - I don’t want to make a power user and teams out of every person/group that needs/wants to do this. Especially if the purchaser never takes a course themselves.

To me - a power user should be another employee with some controlled subset of access as a means of assisting me with handling day to day functions - not a customer who wants to buy multiple seats in a course.

I 100 percent agree. Power Users are not the solution here, its too much to manage and setup for one person who just wants to make a one time purchase for their team.